I haven’t been able to dedicate as much time to TuneControl as I’d like, but I managed to work on it here and there over the past few weeks. My focus has been on developing the firmware, and this is a new approach for me. Usually I build the hardware first.

It’s early days yet, but there has been some progress.

Several years ago I built a device to help with managing my iTunes library. Fast forward to 2016, and it’s still incredibly useful. Unlike days gone by, I don’t have to dig up my iTunes window every time I want to change tracks, pause the music, or rate a song. The only catch is that it’s a tethered USB device, and only useful when I’m at the computer.

And that’s no longer good enough.